Women Who Empower Luncheon
9/26/2014 Women Driving Business, the signature women’s only event series founded by the Houston West Chamber of Commerce, is generally a forum for making “high heel connections,” but on September 25 at Houston Country Club, an audience of 225 female entrepreneurs, executives, and community leaders allowed one man into their midst.
In honor of their tenth anniversary celebration, Women Driving Business acquiesced to repeated requests from men across Houston and introduced an opportunity for a single gentleman, affectionately known as the Most Interesting Man in the Room, to join in the festivities. This distinguished Houstonian allowed the Chamber to reveal a few clues about his identity over the past six months: He’s an entrepreneur, philanthropist, and ISN’T involved in the energy industry. Regarding his profession, you could say that “his tears feed the Fountain of Youth… too bad he never cries.”
Qualifications to become the Most Interesting Man in the Room included a strong sense of self, morality, and character. This man needed to be a role model for his family, community, and future generations. He needed to be fearless and wise, but also spontaneous and fun loving. Most importantly, the Most Interesting Man had to be respectful of women, and view them as his equal, attributing his success, at least in part, to the women in his sphere of influence.
While many applied, one man stood out –Dr. Scott Yarish, Founder of Town & Country Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa. He is a board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery. With his offices in West Houston, Dr. Yarish has practiced in the Houston area for over 20 years. Philanthropy is a large part of Yarish’s practice. He founded the Crystal Foundation in 1993 as a means of bringing reconstructive surgery to children of families that do not have alternate means. The foundation was designed to fund the Children of Mexico Project, the scope was broadened to provide care for the less fortunate children of the United States as well. Several times each year, a team of several surgeons, anesthesiologist, nurses, assistants and technicians travel to Mexico to treat children. Surgeries are performed in the United States at the Crystal Outpatient Surgery Center and in Mexico at a clinic established by Dr. Yarish’s foundation and Rotary International.
Dr. Yarish credits much of his success to the support of women throughout his career, making him an ideal guest at this traditionally female-only event. Not only does he have a staff led by women, but his close attention to detail, along with skill in blending art with science have made him a sought-after expert in his field. And when The Most Interesting Man in the Room is off the clock, he enjoys playing golf, flying his private jet, and spending time on the water, where “sharks hold a week in his honor.”
The Women Driving Business series concludes on October 16 at BMW-West’s showroom on the Katy Freeway. Presenting sponsor BMW-West will host a Haute Happy Hour, followed by a Social in the City, where guests will be treated to signature cocktails, light bites provided by area establishments, and an “Haute Heel” contest, judged by local celebrities including the Most Interesting Man in the room. A limited number of tickets are available for purchase by calling the Houston West Chamber of Commerce at (713)785-4922.
The Houston West Chamber of Commerce is located in the population center of Houston that is home to the Galleria Area, Uptown District, Westchase District, Spring Branch District, Memorial City, International District, CityCentre and the Energy Corridor District – an area of more than 8,000 businesses that employ more than 100,000 people in industries responsible for West Houston’s exponential growth such as oil and gas, manufacturing, technology, retail, medical, engineering and service firms. For more information on this event and the Houston West Chamber of Commerce, please call (713) 785-4922 or visit www.hwcoc.org.
- Lady Gaga and Sir Elton John Partner with Macy'son New Limited Edition Line: Love Bravery
- Transformations: An Evening of Cocktails and Fashion with Mark Jackowski
- Project Runway All Star Winner Mondo Guerra Presents His Collection at Studio A Salon
- Union and Fifth
- Connect the Dots at Ann Taylor
- Alexa DiBiasio to Show Her Collection at New York Fashion Week
- Nordstrom Supports Girls & Young Women with Donations from Treasure & Bond
- Five Steps to Get Organized Now
- Career & Money
- Cornerstone Recovery’s 7th Annual Breakfast
- Children's Museum of Houston 2015 Friends and Families Luncheon
- Holiday Extravaganza Benefits Boys and Girls Harbor
- Studio A Salon Grand Opening
- 7th Annual Pink Door Gala Raises More Than $255,000
- Krist Samaritan Center's Portrait of INDIVIDUALITY Gala Raises $400,000
- Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse Raises More Than $450,000 at Ninth Annual "Home Safe Home" Gala
- Children’s Museum of Houston - Rue De Bourbon raises more than $900,000
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ Trailblazer Committee Celebrates 2015 Award Honorees at Special Reception
- The RoundUp Show Draws Large Crowd with Inaugural Breakfast
- Love is in the Air for the American Heart Association's 2015 Houston Heart Ball