Mayim likes to use Murad products and although she is not the pampering type, Murad is one of the only places she will go to get a facial. Mayim also likes to use Votre Vu – they have a few select products she buys, including a tonic and some body lotions. “They make this body cream that smells like cake, it’s delicious,” she said.
Mayim likes Aveda. Since she eats only vegan, she seeks out products that are also vegan, that don’t test on animals and that tend to be herbal-based. “I’m allergic to anything that is scented heavily so that’s why I like Aveda,” she said.
Mayim took up running about a year ago. “I love running, not on a treadmill, but out in the world,” she said. She also likes weight lifting (machines and free-weights). Sometimes she uses the elliptical machine, especially if she is in the studio. On average, she will try to do something physical three times per week.
Mayim likes vintage and retro clothes and says she still wears army boots and dresses on her own time. For public appearances, she leaves the choices to her stylist, Alison Kahn (a Houston native). “I don’t have a personal interest in trends. I don’t understand why some things are trendy and I don’t understand colors" Mayim said. “I’m really grateful that I have a stylist. She gets that I don’t need to be as interested as she is, and wants me to feel good and comfortable in what I wear.” Mayim doesn’t wear sleeveless, strapless or anything above the knee and she admits there’s a bit of a challenge with that, but she likes being a modest dresser. Her preferred designers include Oliver Tolentino – he designed her Emmy’s dress, Tadashi Shoji, Rebecca Miller and Karen Millen.
Stress Management: Besides running to relieve stress, Mayim also plays piano. She said she plays music often to get out emotions. She is a strong proponent of psychotherapy and religious faith. “I do seek a lot of comfort in stressful times from the formal Jewish learning I do and the understanding of the universe in general, as a place where everything will be OK somehow,” she said.
- Beauty Confessional
- Career & Money
- Children's Museum of Houston 2015 Friends and Families Luncheon
- Holiday Extravaganza Benefits Boys and Girls Harbor
- Studio A Salon Grand Opening
- 7th Annual Pink Door Gala Raises More Than $255,000
- Krist Samaritan Center's Portrait of INDIVIDUALITY Gala Raises $400,000
- Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse Raises More Than $450,000 at Ninth Annual "Home Safe Home" Gala
- Children’s Museum of Houston - Rue De Bourbon raises more than $900,000
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ Trailblazer Committee Celebrates 2015 Award Honorees at Special Reception
- The RoundUp Show Draws Large Crowd with Inaugural Breakfast
- Love is in the Air for the American Heart Association's 2015 Houston Heart Ball