ciao bella!: "What are your skin care secrets?"
Sherrod: "My mom taught me many years ago about a mask that you make with Fuller’s Earth, brewer’s yeast, egg whites, and water. It creates a clay paste that pulls the impurities out of the skin. I do that once a week. It can really dry your skin out so you have to follow up with some Vitamin C oil and a good moisturizer.
ciao bella! "What is your favorite cosmetic line?"
Sherrod: "I really like Makeup Forever HD, it works great for me on television, and it gives me full coverage. My skin still looks like skin. Sephora carries it. I’m a lash girl, so I don’t use mascara. I say you are never dressed until you put on your lashes. It gives my eyes the Waaah! Factor. Her favorite fragrances are Flower Baum by Viktor and Rolf. I also love Angel by Thierry Mugler. My husband’s name is Michael so one year he bought me the coconut scented Michael Kors, it’s very soft. Those are the only three that I rotate."
"For skincare, believe it or not, I use Pond’s. I don’t pay a lot for my beauty products. When you think about our parents and grandparents, their skin was beautiful and they did not pay $200 for a moisturizer. To this day, my grandmother’s skin is gorgeous. Every single night she puts Vaseline on her face. It works. For years I didn’t do it but as I started to age, I tried it and the Vaseline makes me feel hydrated."
ciao bella! "What hair care products do you use?"
Sherrod: "I use a variety, Paul Mitchell, Motions shampoo. I do not put oil in my hair because I have very fine hair, so I do a lot of blow-outs. If I wear it curly, I put coconut oil in it and Miss Jeffie’s hair soufflé that I can buy at Target. It’s a line that was started by two sisters. They are popular products for women with natural curls. I use it on my three-year-old daughter, Kendall’s hair.
ciao bella! "What do you do to manage stress?"
Sherrod: "When I figure it out, I will call you back, I am still trying to master that. I meditate and I go to meditation classes to find balance. One time, I put the candles around me in the basement and fell asleep. My husband said I was trying to burn the house down. Now I try and take a spa day once a month. I don’t travel year round, only during the TV season when we are filming. In between seasons, I have two to three months off."
ciao bella! "What is your fitness routine?”
Sherrod: Every January I join the gym. Any mother can probably laugh when I say I make plans but I rarely keep them. I put my gym clothes on but then I may get a phone call. I did join some Zumba classes and I’ve learned to eat in smaller portions. I get on the digital scale every morning. They say that’s the best time to do it to find your true weight.
ciao bella!: "What is your diet secret?"
Sherrod: I had an allergy panel done and found out I was allergic to certain foods, certain nuts, salmon, foods with red dye that either caused an internal reaction or made me retain water. The allergy panel was a blessing – I also found out that I’m allergic to egg yolks and I used to eat eggs every morning. Now I eat oatmeal, turkey bacon or egg whites with spinach, with a little coconut oil. I often cook in coconut oil; its healing properties are wonderful.
ciao bella!: "How would you describe your personal style like and what are your fashion favorites?"
Sherrod: I would say classic but edgy. I like to buy pieces that can stay in my closet for ten years. I do not follow trends. I love color and I’ve learned what shapes look good with my body. I’m a blazer and heels girl, in my field; it’s great for real estate. I look polished and I can swap the pencil skirt for jeans and funky jewelry and I’m good to go. I wear a lot of Stella & Dot, the statement rings and can’t miss earrings.
- Lady Gaga and Sir Elton John Partner with Macy'son New Limited Edition Line: Love Bravery
- Transformations: An Evening of Cocktails and Fashion with Mark Jackowski
- Project Runway All Star Winner Mondo Guerra Presents His Collection at Studio A Salon
- Union and Fifth
- Connect the Dots at Ann Taylor
- Alexa DiBiasio to Show Her Collection at New York Fashion Week
- Nordstrom Supports Girls & Young Women with Donations from Treasure & Bond
- Five Steps to Get Organized Now
- Career & Money
- Cornerstone Recovery’s 7th Annual Breakfast
- Children's Museum of Houston 2015 Friends and Families Luncheon
- Holiday Extravaganza Benefits Boys and Girls Harbor
- Studio A Salon Grand Opening
- 7th Annual Pink Door Gala Raises More Than $255,000
- Krist Samaritan Center's Portrait of INDIVIDUALITY Gala Raises $400,000
- Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse Raises More Than $450,000 at Ninth Annual "Home Safe Home" Gala
- Children’s Museum of Houston - Rue De Bourbon raises more than $900,000
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ Trailblazer Committee Celebrates 2015 Award Honorees at Special Reception
- The RoundUp Show Draws Large Crowd with Inaugural Breakfast
- Love is in the Air for the American Heart Association's 2015 Houston Heart Ball