RUE DES BOURBON – A NIGHT IN THE QUARTER
Photo Credit: Michelle Watson
The Children’s Museum of Houston partied the night away for this year’s Rue des Bourbon – A Night in the Quarter 2014 gala, raising more than $900,000 from underwriting, big board and live auction on Oct. 17, 2014. This exuberant event inspired by the Big Easy’s joie de vivre encapsulated Bourbon Street’s boisterous spirit into The Corinthian. Laisses les bon temps rouler!
Event chairs Kathryn and Jeff Smith and underwriting chairs Carmen and Butch Mach and Courtney and Bill Toomey (the foursome are the 2015 Museum gala chairs) played host to a swanky fais do-do and invited Houston’s most generous leaders to jazz up the Museum’s educational and outreach programs. More than 600 guests “strolled” through Vieux Carré’s most colorful street to become enraptured by N’awlins’ stimulating tastes, sights and sounds, including a flamboyant procession by the Hustlers Brass Band featuring two umbrella-swaying Grand Masters, a dueling pianos dinner show by Piano Punch, and dancing the night away to Crescent City’s very own E.L.S. Band.
Jackson & Company’s multi-course menu had guests noshing on a feast of NOLA delicacies, such as crab cakes with dollop of creole remoulade, Oysters Barataria, Voodoo shrimp, turtle sherry soup, Bourbon glazed beef short ribs, Bananas Foster and French chocolate cake desserts, and beignets and coffee. To top it off, Hurricanes were served as the night’s signature cocktail! Guests went home with a sweet treat, compliments of Sprinkles Cupcakes.
The live and big board auctions were led by auction chairs Elizabeth DeLuca, Robin Klaes and Kelly Sklar. Guests bid on exclusive packages, including a VIP Texans' Road Game Experience (compliments of Tiffany and Rick Smith), which included flying with the team on the Texans’ chartered plane, riding on one of the team’s police escorted buses and staying in the team hotel. Other exquisite items included an Astros First Pitch Experience, attending the 69th Annual Tony Awards in New York City with Business/First Class travel for two provided by United Airlines – the official airline of the Children’s Museum of Houston, NYC Fashion Week passes with stay at the Mandarin Oriental, staying at any Starwood Resort in the world, a five-night Hawaiian vacation at the Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villa, a custom designed jewelry piece from New Orleans’ designer Franco Valobra, and of course, a two-night New Orleans stay at the renowned Hotel Monteleone with dinner for two at the world famous Arnaud’s Restaurant.
2014 Gala Krewe attendees included: Krewe Chairmen Megan and John Lovoi, C’Airey and Trevor Ashurst, Laura and Scott Fuselier, Tricia Joseph, Pamela and Ed Laborde, Mathilde Leary, Sandy and Tim Strum and Emily and Andrew Webster.
At the top of the list of party-goers were: Melissa and Michael Mithoff, Laurie and Randy Allen (Children’s Museum of Houston Board President), Lisa and Josh Oren, Jennifer and Lance Gilliam, Katherine and Paul Murphy, Katie and AJ Brass, Stephanie and Ernie Cockrell, Shelley and Geoff Bracken, Leigh Anne and John Raymond, Krystal and Garrett Thompson, Tiffany and Rick Smith, Kathryn and Ian Fay, Liz and Tom Glanville, Ann and Tom Bastian, Dee Dee Guggenheim and Aaron Howes, Kim and Randy Petersen, Valeria and Martial Burguieres, Emily and Steve Dalicandro, Sharin and Larry Norman, and Allison and Hunt Harper.
- Lady Gaga and Sir Elton John Partner with Macy'son New Limited Edition Line: Love Bravery
- Transformations: An Evening of Cocktails and Fashion with Mark Jackowski
- Project Runway All Star Winner Mondo Guerra Presents His Collection at Studio A Salon
- Union and Fifth
- Connect the Dots at Ann Taylor
- Alexa DiBiasio to Show Her Collection at New York Fashion Week
- Nordstrom Supports Girls & Young Women with Donations from Treasure & Bond
- Five Steps to Get Organized Now
- Career & Money
- Cornerstone Recovery’s 7th Annual Breakfast
- Children's Museum of Houston 2015 Friends and Families Luncheon
- Holiday Extravaganza Benefits Boys and Girls Harbor
- Studio A Salon Grand Opening
- 7th Annual Pink Door Gala Raises More Than $255,000
- Krist Samaritan Center's Portrait of INDIVIDUALITY Gala Raises $400,000
- Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse Raises More Than $450,000 at Ninth Annual "Home Safe Home" Gala
- Children’s Museum of Houston - Rue De Bourbon raises more than $900,000
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ Trailblazer Committee Celebrates 2015 Award Honorees at Special Reception
- The RoundUp Show Draws Large Crowd with Inaugural Breakfast
- Love is in the Air for the American Heart Association's 2015 Houston Heart Ball