ciao bella! "What are your skin care secrets?"
Amy Purdy "I'm a licensed esthetician. One product that I love is coconut oil. I live up in the mountains in high altitudes and your skin gets so dry and dehydrated up here plus I'm on airplanes on the time. I use it under my other moisturizer and also I take it internally. I put it in my smoothies as well because I think nutrition affects your skin's health."
ciao bella! "What are your favorite cosmetic products?"
Amy Purdy "My favorite mascara is Glamoureyes by Stila. It's the most amazing mascara I've ever used. I probably couldn't leave the house without concealer. I was born with dark circles under my eyes." "
ciao bella! "What hair care products do you use?"
Amy Purdy "I'm using quite a few different brands. I find that your hair gets used to certain products and after a while you're not feeling the effects anymore. I use a little coconut oil in my hair to keep it moisturized after I blow dry my hair."
ciao bella! "What is your daily fitness routine?"
Amy Purdy "When I wake up I stretch every day. Because I'm traveling so much I'm not able to keep up with the same routine I had. First I was training for the Paralympics and then I was training for Dancing With the Stars. Now it's about trying to fit in what makes sense while traveling and I realized that body weight workouts make sense. You don't need machines. You don't need a gym. I do planks push-ups, sit-ups, and squats. If I don't fit it in every day I try to do it at least every other day. It's something you can do in your hotel room and you don't need anything but your own body weight."
ciao bella! "What do you do to manage stress?"
Amy Purdy "I take a hot bath every night. That's where I decompress. I also try to manage it throughout the day. This year I've tried to embrace being in the moment more and it has really lessened the anxiety and stress that I think I normally would feel. I always used to be preparing for things. On airplanes I didn't let myself relax because I was preparing for speeches and then I'd be thinking about speaking all night long until I'd get up and do the speech. Then I'd be on the airplane to somewhere else. This year I had three weeks off in July and I decided to use that time to prepare every speech I knew I would need for the rest of the year. I worked really hard. I didn't take a vacation and it's made the rest of my work more enjoyable and has allowed me to be completely in the moment and enjoy every moment. If I'm with my family I'm a hundred percent with my family. If I'm with my boyfriend, I'm a hundred percent with my boyfriend."
ciao bella! " What is your diet like?"
Amy Purdy " When I was training for the Paralympics I was trying to gain weight and as much muscle mass as possible so I consumed a lot of calories. I ate equal amounts of carbs, protein and fat. When I did Dancing With The Stars I ate a lot of carbs for endurance. You're going six hours a day, seven days a week and to keep that energy up you have to be fueling yourself. Now, seventy percent of the time I eat as healthy as possible. For me that's vegetables and protein (fish and chicken). I limit carbs. Sometimes I'll have a sweet potato, but I don't eat much bread or pasta. I find that because vegetables are alive it makes me feel alive. I feel so much healthier and more energized when I'm eating really clean food. As long as I'm eating healthy seventy percent of the time, thirty percent of the time I allow myself to let go and enjoy. You can't deprive yourself. You have to find that balance."
ciao bella! "What are your fashion favorites?
Amy Purdy " I love boots. I have twenty pair of different types of boots I wear with leggings and skinny jeans."
ciao bella! "What is your biggest beauty secret?"
Amy Purdy " Smiling. I realized seeing myself on Dancing With The Stars just how much better you look when you smile versus when you don't." Being happy and smiling is a beautiful thing."
- Lady Gaga and Sir Elton John Partner with Macy'son New Limited Edition Line: Love Bravery
- Transformations: An Evening of Cocktails and Fashion with Mark Jackowski
- Project Runway All Star Winner Mondo Guerra Presents His Collection at Studio A Salon
- Union and Fifth
- Connect the Dots at Ann Taylor
- Alexa DiBiasio to Show Her Collection at New York Fashion Week
- Nordstrom Supports Girls & Young Women with Donations from Treasure & Bond
- Five Steps to Get Organized Now
- Career & Money
- Cornerstone Recovery’s 7th Annual Breakfast
- Children's Museum of Houston 2015 Friends and Families Luncheon
- Holiday Extravaganza Benefits Boys and Girls Harbor
- Studio A Salon Grand Opening
- 7th Annual Pink Door Gala Raises More Than $255,000
- Krist Samaritan Center's Portrait of INDIVIDUALITY Gala Raises $400,000
- Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse Raises More Than $450,000 at Ninth Annual "Home Safe Home" Gala
- Children’s Museum of Houston - Rue De Bourbon raises more than $900,000
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ Trailblazer Committee Celebrates 2015 Award Honorees at Special Reception
- The RoundUp Show Draws Large Crowd with Inaugural Breakfast
- Love is in the Air for the American Heart Association's 2015 Houston Heart Ball