PINK DOOR GRANTS WISHES OF CANCER SURVIVORS, RAISES MONEY FOR MORE
Photo credit: Omar Mejia
“The road to recovery and wanting to close the door on cancer has without a doubt been a challenging one,” said Patty Baird, “when I was feeling that lingering reminder of how cancer had affected my life and wanting to move forward, Pink Door was there to remind me that I’m not alone . . . their generosity has helped relieve the financial burden and stress that I was feeling.”
Fortunately, help is on the way for Patty, as well as for Mimsy Gathright and Atina Johnson through Pink Door Nonprofit’s “My Pink Wish” Assistance Program. The women learned first-hand that their Pink Wishes were granted at the 7TH Annual Pink Door Gala, Saturday, Nov. 8th at the Omni Hotel in Houston. The event, generously underwritten by Chair Andrea and Matt Flanagan, raised more than $255,000 to assist women cancer patients and survivors. The organization has been able to grant 55 wishes so far in 17 states and will help at least 45 women in 2015.
Pink Door was co-founded by two dear friends, Cortney Cole Hall and Lee Mitchell, in 2007 in honor of Hall’s mother, Gayl Gronauer Cole, who passed from cancer in 2005. Cole faced financial struggles while undergoing cancer treatment. Today, Pink Door helps women facing many of the same struggles by assisting women both during and after cancer through Pink Door’s “My Pink Wish” Assistance Program. When Pink Door launched seven years ago, it had a big mission, but few resources. In 2014, Pink Door has experienced unprecedented growth over the last few years — tripling its resources and outreach due to generous donors, sponsors, volunteers and underwriters that have seen first-hand the how the“My Pink Wish” Assistance Program is changing women’s lives for the better.
Alongside Chairs Andrea and Matt Flanagan, Honoree Dr. Sherry Lim from Houston Methodist and Survivor Honoree Lyn Hutchinson where honored at Pink Door’s 7th Annual - “A Fairy Tale Ending” Gala. With almost 300 in attendance, guests enjoyed a night of dinner with a live auction including a signed JJ Watt football, trips to Hawaii and Quebec, and even tickets to MTV Music Awards. In addition, Pink Door raffled a $7K aquamarine and diamond ring from Uptown Diamond. But, it was the survivors themselves that made it a night to remember with their wishes granted for 2015!
Guests in the audience included: Dr. Eric and Courtney Haas, Sharron Melton, Dr. Roland Maldonado, Tom Noons, Miya Shay and Gene Wu, Katie McCall, Matt Davis and Meta Marin, Edward Sanchez, Aelicia Bayliss, Marcy de Luna, Tammy Gillespie, Allan and Jillian Weatherford, Connie Kwan-Wong, Ruchi Murkerjee, Amber Willis, Gabriella Aliberti, Dr. Wade and Amy Rosenberg, Dr. Melissa Crossby, Marshall and Tammy Sweed, Dr. Beth Mittendorf, Kurt and Melanie King, Debbie LaRue, Dr. Pierre and Keiko Chevray, Gregg and Christine Hollenberg, Jared Lang, and Matt and Leigh Ann Benesch.
- Lady Gaga and Sir Elton John Partner with Macy'son New Limited Edition Line: Love Bravery
- Transformations: An Evening of Cocktails and Fashion with Mark Jackowski
- Project Runway All Star Winner Mondo Guerra Presents His Collection at Studio A Salon
- Union and Fifth
- Connect the Dots at Ann Taylor
- Alexa DiBiasio to Show Her Collection at New York Fashion Week
- Nordstrom Supports Girls & Young Women with Donations from Treasure & Bond
- Five Steps to Get Organized Now
- Career & Money
- Cornerstone Recovery’s 7th Annual Breakfast
- Children's Museum of Houston 2015 Friends and Families Luncheon
- Holiday Extravaganza Benefits Boys and Girls Harbor
- Studio A Salon Grand Opening
- 7th Annual Pink Door Gala Raises More Than $255,000
- Krist Samaritan Center's Portrait of INDIVIDUALITY Gala Raises $400,000
- Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse Raises More Than $450,000 at Ninth Annual "Home Safe Home" Gala
- Children’s Museum of Houston - Rue De Bourbon raises more than $900,000
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ Trailblazer Committee Celebrates 2015 Award Honorees at Special Reception
- The RoundUp Show Draws Large Crowd with Inaugural Breakfast
- Love is in the Air for the American Heart Association's 2015 Houston Heart Ball