10 Tips to Better Sex
By Colin Christopher
Actress Reese Witherspoon says she hired a hypnotist to help her relax for the sex scenes in her new movie Wild. Apparently, she’s not the only one. Colin Christopher, a clinical hypnotherapist certified by the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners works with many couples looking to heat things up in the bedroom again. Christoper suggests the following tips if things aren’t quite as exciting as they used to be:
Stop focusing on sex
The problem might not be physical, but rather a lack of an emotional connection. Engage in activities that focus on building up the emotional bond. Sex was so good in the beginning of your relationship because the emotional connection was so strong.
Do something wild together
Ride a rollercoaster with your partner, go skydiving or bungee jumping. The excitement and adrenaline rush will get you hot for each other.
Not just another date night
If your usual date night consists of a movie and dinner, been there done that. Take her back to where the two of you met and tell her how much you love her. Take her back to where you proposed and ask her to marry you again. Go to the local carnival and act like two teenagers in love.
Sex is not a sprint but a marathon
In our busy lives, sex is often put low down on the list of priorities and when many couples get to it, it’s over as fast as it began. Take your time and make it last. Try going at a slower pace and really build up to an explosive climax.
Send your partner a sexy email while he’s at work. Engage in sexting your partner if no one else is around. Just pick up the phone and call him for no reason.
Forget about technology: Social media and smartphones have made it more difficult for people to connect on an emotional level. Write a good old-fashion letter to your partner telling her how much you love her, how sexy she is and how you plan to seduce her tonight.
Spice it up: Sex isn’t just for the bedroom. Find other places in the house to have sex, do it in the car or a backyard, role play, experiment with sex toys and new positions. Just make it fun and exciting.
Focus on foreplay
There’s a reason to engage in foreplay: It stimulates both partners' sexuality, lowers inhibitions and increases emotional intimacy.
Being relaxed leads to a stronger erection for men and increased sensations for women. Never put expectations on sex, just go with the flow and let it happen. Massage and tickle each other leading up to sex to lighten the mood.
Tell him what you really want
Be honest and tell each other what you like, what works and what doesn’t, new positions or techniques you want to try. This level of sexual awareness will take your emotional and sexual relationships to new heights.
About the Author:
Over the last 14 years, Colin Christopher has been in front of over 250,000 people throughout North America and shared stages with world-class speakers like Bob Proctor, Steve Siebold and Brian Tracy. He’s a sought after authority in hypnosis and has been a guest expert on radio and television for shows on ABC, CBS, FOX and many others. Some of his clients include McDonalds, Bell Mobility, and Princess Cruise Lines. He’s a Clinical Hypnotherapist, Hypnosis Instructor and Author of the Book Success Through Manipulation: Subconscious Reactions That Will Make or Break You. To learn more visit www.colinchristopher.com.
- Lady Gaga and Sir Elton John Partner with Macy'son New Limited Edition Line: Love Bravery
- Transformations: An Evening of Cocktails and Fashion with Mark Jackowski
- Project Runway All Star Winner Mondo Guerra Presents His Collection at Studio A Salon
- Union and Fifth
- Connect the Dots at Ann Taylor
- Alexa DiBiasio to Show Her Collection at New York Fashion Week
- Nordstrom Supports Girls & Young Women with Donations from Treasure & Bond
- Five Steps to Get Organized Now
- Career & Money
- Cornerstone Recovery’s 7th Annual Breakfast
- Children's Museum of Houston 2015 Friends and Families Luncheon
- Holiday Extravaganza Benefits Boys and Girls Harbor
- Studio A Salon Grand Opening
- 7th Annual Pink Door Gala Raises More Than $255,000
- Krist Samaritan Center's Portrait of INDIVIDUALITY Gala Raises $400,000
- Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse Raises More Than $450,000 at Ninth Annual "Home Safe Home" Gala
- Children’s Museum of Houston - Rue De Bourbon raises more than $900,000
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ Trailblazer Committee Celebrates 2015 Award Honorees at Special Reception
- The RoundUp Show Draws Large Crowd with Inaugural Breakfast
- Love is in the Air for the American Heart Association's 2015 Houston Heart Ball